Need room to grow, but with reduced costs
- Pressure on space due to increasing people numbers.
- Need to dissolve silo culture, by facilitating more collaboration, co-location and flexible working.
- Need to move away from reactive â€œknee-jerkâ€ responses to a more planned approach, to be more efficient and reduce long term costs.
- Needed to find the best location for new head office, that the right demographic surrounded the HQ to supply it with staff
- Head Office needed good transport links
- Decide which offices to keep
Research, analysis, scenario simulation
- Interviews and workshops with key stakeholders across the business
- Analysis of regional trends in demographics, transport links and investment to identify Optimum Zones and review of existing sites within zones to indentify optimum properties.
- Space demand and supply gap analysis, followed by scenario modelling and cost/benefit analysis
- Delivered detailed strategy recommendations for 6 main office sites, within identified optimum location zones and high level strategy for 67 other properties.
Road map to higher performance and lower costs
- Strategic direction for realignment of portfolio to support corporate objectives, with transformations funded by savings in property costs.
- Action plan for medium to long term strategy validation, development and delivery.
- Action plan for short term improvements/ quick wins, in line with principles from longer term strategy.