The future of work, wellbeing and care
Achieving radical Smart Place outcomes for business, employees and society
Bridging silos with evidence and understanding
to optimise the design, operation and experience of built environments
Productivity, innovation, and wellbeing freed from silo thinking
Peoplespace has a 20-year track record of coordinating multi-discipline integration in the envisioning, design, and delivery of people-centred built environments. Read More >>
Reliably Exceeding Expectations
Optimising people, business and sustainability benefits, by improving collaboration, user satisfaction and responsible sustainable growth while delivering annual property cost savings of, on average, 40%.
Celebrating Our 20th Anniversary
In 2022 we are excited to be celebrating 20 years of providing innovative solutions and delight for our customers. Read More >>
Ready or Not, the Future is Coming
How do we balance the needs of people, economics, and our planet?
We are here to help you:
- Balance these needs to achieve responsible, sustainable growth.
- Facilitate game changing initiatives backed by robust evidence and scenario option cost-benefit analysis.
- Inspire stakeholder consensus and inform accurate prediction and proactive management of changing needs and events, enabling faster response with targeted interventions.
- Overcome silo limitations to multiply and optimise people, business and sustainability benefits.
Peoplespace provides tools and services for setting innovation free from siloed thinking and inspiring multi-discipline and cross-sector collaborative solutions to increase productivity, wellbeing, inclusivity and social value in built environments.
Our purpose is to help you harness the full capability and potential of your co-innovation, cross-functional and multi-discipline teams, and to innovate and build productive, high performing smart environments that energise and optimise a sustainable future. Working together to positively impact health, wellbeing and productivity for everyone, to improve and protect quality of life, and enable a better future for all.
Peoplespace proudly supports the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, through our business, our values and our volunteering activities, and through the outcomes we deliver for our clients, with positive impacts for:
- Responsible Growth
- Health & Wellbeing
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Promoting Social Innovation
Ground Breaking Practical Solutions
Increase productivity, wellbeing and social value in your smart place projects, by working with us and in collaboration with our partners (universities, local authorities, and businesses), all seeking to enable responsible sustainable growth goals.
Our multi-disciplinary technical, academic, and business consulting team work together in ground breaking research and the development of practical solutions.Read More >>
To answer the following questions:
- Why does Affordance Based Design improve collaboration in the workplace and how can this accelerate Industry 5.0?
- What spatial environment and equipment factors most influence human behaviour and well-being?
- What improvements to wellbeing, mood, and health risks can be achieved, using real-time analysis of spatial behaviours, movement and interaction, without the use of wearable devices or dependency on dexterity or cognitive abilities?
- How can non-intrusive AI enabled solutions enable people to stay in their home longer, addressing the social, economic, and health needs of our ageing population and how can we, as their loved ones, care for them?
Enabling a Better Future
Our unique combination of solutions and advisory services are underpinned by 20+ years’ experience of leading the multi-discipline design and delivery of over 15 million ft2 of human-centred smart place initiatives.
- Advanced location technologies
- Human behaviour, movement and risk analytics
- Mobility as a Service
- Real-time insight generation and decision making
- Digital twins and discrete event simulation
- Human-centred artificial intelligence
- Smart transportation
- Intelligent transport and mobility network
- User experience
- Smart place social impact
- Predictive asset management
- Smart buildings and smart workplaces
- Healthcare and assisted living
- Smart city developments
- Industry 5.0 – Facilities of the future
- 5G-6G and connectivity networks
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Automation and smart sensors
- Environment monitoring and control
- Energy management and sustainability
- Waste management
- Water management
- Responsible sustainable growth
- Safety, security, and risk management
- Digital health and social care
- Inclusivity and neurodiversity
- Pandemic prevention
- Liveability and sustainability
- Business productivity and agility
- Team cohesion and resilience
- Health, wellbeing, and enriched living
- Built environment social value
- Resource efficiency and circular economy
- Climate adaptation
- Sustainable operations
Anonymous Zone Risk & Interaction Analytics
Use live anonymous data and real-time analytics to improve innovation, sustainability, experience, wellbeing, and quality of life.
Spatial behaviour, movement, and collaboration analytics in real-time, with Digital Twin generation and interactive predictive modelling, could help the following:Read More >>
- Architects and engineers to better understand how human behaviour and well-being can be influenced by spatial environment factors.
- Business managers to identify what interaction behaviours across teams influence productivity, innovation, better-informed decision making and project performance.
- Site/place managers to predict and manage changing needs and events, enabling faster response with targeted interventions, based on occupancy analysis and risk behaviours.
- Health and safety professionals to identify prevalence of existing health conditions, immediate safety issues and musculoskeletal injury risks requiring preventative attention.
All Together Smarter
Collaborative System Thinking Support
Achieve your sustainable growth and impact investing goals by increasing productivity and social value in your built environments.
Target future proofed investment and accelerate benefits with our All Together Smarter approach to smart working and smart place Innovation.
- Facilitate cross-sector, cross-function, multi-agency and multi-discipline innovation.
- Establish a clear and meaningful “North Star” purpose for your projects, to inspire buy-in consensus, active stakeholder engagement and project team creativity.
- Evaluate, link and enhance your existing data sources to accelerate project benefits and confidently achieve your strategies with minimal risk.
- Structure the most appropriate approach, due diligence checks and team resources, for supporting your project objectives.
- Generate holistic business case insight and project road maps, supported by scenario modelling and empirical evidence
Smart Place Design
People-centred Affordance Based Design
Deliver greater performance from your smart place investments, with designs centred on how the built environment affects the way people feel and what it enables and encourages them to achieve.
Create productive places that promote health and wellbeing, and positively impact the quality of life. Environments that support and influence the behaviour and cognitive capacities of the people occupying the space. Increasing the possibilities for human interaction, and including elements that permit and stimulate actions that contribute to social value, for the community within the space and for society beyond
Our Dream Team
Working with Peoplespace you will enjoy support from our dream team of subject matter experts, natural collaborators, and problem solvers. Our menu of services is designed to help you optimise the results of every stage of your project, enabling you and your team to overcome silo limitations to create new opportunities for transformative connect thinking in strategic vision, solution engineering and implementation. Read More >>
The complexity of the challenge for architects and engineers is increasing. If keeping up to date with all the latest products and suppliers for all the traditional solutions wasn’t challenging enough, with the rapid advances in technology, artificial intelligence, and behavioural science the market landscape is constantly changing, with an increasing need for integrated collaborative innovation and cross-sector understanding. Through our services we bring people together, inspire the essential joined-up thinking and expand the possible.
- Strategic insights
- Data capture and analytics
- Behavioural science
- Property evaluation and site appraisals
- Accommodation feasibility studies
- Data models, scenario modelling and simulation
- Quantity surveying, cost benefit analysis and procurement advice
- Heritage and environmental consulting
- Digital consulting and application services
- Emerging technologies
- Product testing and trial/pilot evaluation
- Advanced technology and research
- AZRIA: Anonymous Zone Risk & Interaction Analytics
- Human-centred System Thinking
- Cross-sector, multi-agency co-innovation
- Key stakeholder consensus & buy-in
- Engagement and behaviour change
- Change management
- People-centred Artificial Intelligence
- Future of work
- Smart places and smart cities
- Master planning
- Asset management
- Place technologies
- 4iP-Go collaborative innovation method
- Ecosystem platform for smart place products and services
Design & Delivery
- Design thinking and people-centred Affordance-based Design
- Cross-function and multi-discipline co-design
- Provider and user co-production
- Enabling inclusivity and neurodiversity
- Sustainable development
- Smart place design and space planning
- Services engineering
- Infrastructure design
- Health, safety, and sustainability
- Conservation and environmental restoration
- Proactive, collaborative and flexible approach to building regulations, where possible
- Fire engineering
- Structural engineering
- Integration of smart city technologies
- System Architecture
- Software products
- Effective Programme and Project Management
Our Reputation and Yours is Important to Us
Expand the potential for your projects with innovations you can trust. Your satisfaction and feedback after every project is very important to us. Equally we strongly believe in doing the right thing, in the advice and support we provide and in what we enable for you and your organisation.
Our solutions and services are specifically designed to help the formation and delivery of responsible sustainable development goals while protecting personal data and anonymity. In addition to GDPR compliance, we only use trustworthy ethical artificial intelligence, and we monitor and evaluate our business performance against our values.
Would you like to know more about our values?
Honour We stand up for what is right with dignified behaviour and respect. Honouring our commitments to each other and our clients.
Excellence We produce work of the highest quality, while enjoying life and enabling the same for others.
Responsibility We look after each other and the environments in which we live and work. Protecting each other’s future, safety, equal rights, money and possessions. Not taking, wasting or damaging what is not ours.
Originality We are innovative and open to new ideas. Using creativity and connected thinking, to deliver solutions which inspire and delight.
Integrity We are sincere in everything we do and say, with boldness and humility. Earning respect and friendship by being honest and transparent.
Collaboration We value and respect all that have a part to play, their views and different ways of thinking and working; avoiding conflict through compromise and fostering improvement though teamwork.
Empowering Smart Place Innovation
Leading cross-sector collaborative projects, with business, academic and public sector partners
Hybrid Working for Royal Borough of Greenwich
Stakeholder engagement, solution design and implementation for Future of Work pilot and roll-out programme
Smart Place AI
AI technology for monitoring and predictive modelling of people interaction, collaboration and decision-making behaviours, within dynamic place scenarios
Waverley Abbey Estate
Stakeholder interviews, vision consensus workshops and master planning for bringing to life historical and environmental significance of 120 acre estate
Strategy advice for solution design and implementation programming of £73m technology and service delivery transformation
Smart Workplaces for Lenovo
US, Asia, Europe and Israel stakeholder engagement in leading vision, design and delivery of smart working and new head offices in Paris, Milan and Madrid
Smart Accommodation for Southern Water
Asset review of 73 buildings to assess rationalisation and development opportunities and modelling of optimal smart place scenarios
Smart Sustainability for Mott MacDonald
Site evaluation and smart place designs achieving Ska Gold sustainability rating for biophilic agile workspaces. Multiple business benefits including saving £2.3m pa
Smart Offices for Orange SA and HSBC
Highly adaptable modular “plug & play” workplaces for 3000 Orange staff designed and delivered within 9mths, inspiring a referral project for HSBC which received HSBC award for innovation
Greater Satisfaction for Hewlett Packard
Reduced office space from 7,800 m2 to 5,500 m2 while accommodating 100 additional staff and increasing employee satisfaction by 5.8%, with ROI within 16 months
“Best JCB Office on The Planet”
Rescued failed building construction project to deliver outstanding result within the original budget
Reduced Guildford workplace space requirements by 50%, supporting same staff numbers, and while improving teamwork, collaboration & satisfaction
National Army Museum
Increasing practicality and capacity in 40% less space, creating new multi-purpose study library and conference centre, and improving working environment and collaboration spaces
Agile workplace for 170 people successfully delivered within 9 weeks, including building selection, workspace design and complete fit out, meeting challenging demands and media scrutiny
Workplace utilisation and work environment review, informing development of accommodations strategy and solutions for reducing costs while enhancing estate for new ways of working and collaboration with partners
Improved customer experience and increased capacity for 30% more clinical operations, within the the same amount of space
Get in Touch
Would you like to know more?
Are you curious about our research and the solutions or services we offer? Perhaps you would like an opportunity to join us, collaborate in our research or you have a relevant project that could benefit?
Use the form below or just give us a call, and lets explore how we can work together to achieve your goals.